Christian L's TOP BLOG

The best blog from Christian L! The #1 JL Mann and CofC College Of Charleston blog on the web! WITH OVER 4,000 HITS A YEAR!!!!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

 

DISCIPLESHIP FAIR IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello to all the cool people and Catholics out there!

The discipleship fair at our church has been so cool and great! I did the Altar Server booth for a while, but I got bored because our information poster for the group sucks. I mean IT SUCKS. I like the pictures okay, but I don't care for all the biographical stuff on it. I wish that they would take it off. It is so dull and I think it would throw people off on becoming Altar Severs. I mean young men between fifth grade and college aged. They forgot the footballs this year, I am going to bring one tomorrow to spice up the booth. I hope that I am successful. I, also, made new stickers for the booth with the group name (St. John's Altar Guild), an awesome border, and a cool art clip of an old church. I swear it looks like our church! I think that helps a little bit.

Before the whole fair began, I went to Lunch with my family and Mark Shea. Truly it was my mom, dad, me, and Mark Shea to make things clear. We went to a "brewery" restaurant downtown. Our family talked for about an hour about Catholicism with Mark Shea and he had many cool stories about his journey from being an Evangelical to becoming a Catholic. Later, he used those same stories in his lectures. Our family lunch was mentioned a few times in both of them! He was so cool. That is if you like to watch and listen to Catholic apologetics. I think that it is a very strange hobby for 16 year olds like me. I agree, in many ways. But that doesn't hinder me from sharing my faith with others. If you want to know, I had a BBQ sandwich.

Before his first lecture, my Mom bought me three books of his. I read one of them and it was pretty witty. I hope the rest of them are the same way. After the lecture was over, I got the books signed. It was great to see the enthusiasm that he had for the Church!

Dinner was fine, but not the greatest EVER. He did another lecture after dinner and that one was good as well. It mostly consisted of hot dogs and potato chips.

I served mass too. We had five altar servers today. That's about three more than what we usually get! Most of the time there are only two servers. In reality we need four servers to do each mass.

That is why we are having an altar server meeting at our church on Monday. I hope that we have many new boys come to help us and hang out with us with altar serving and the organization as a whole. I am praying for one boy in particular to come help out! :}

Before the day was over, we had a coffee house. There was music and the desserts were very good! I think that I liked the chocolate chip cake the best. The last song the band played was "Daughters" by John Mayer. I have to say that it is a very nice song! John Mayer does a pretty good job in the music business.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shoutouts to:

Mark S.
Joanne M.
David T.H.
Father Newman
Father Smith
Deacon Diego
All the people that attended five o clock mass today
Brent H.
Peter T.
Campbell Y.
All the people that manned booths today
Valerie B.
Jimmy D.
The Stansberries
All altar servers around Greenville and the world

and

to the great and wonderful D.O.C.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prayer Of The Day:

Dear Lord,

Thank you for this very spiritual day today. I pray that people are inspired by this ministry fair. I pray that Mark Shea will inspire others to live their faith more fully. I hope that people who are not active in organizations may find one this weekend to help serve. I pray that many people come tomorrow. I pray that you bless those who are close and friendly to me. Bless St. Mary's parish.

In Christ's Name I Pray, Amen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN OTHER NEWS....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ No fence-sitters as protesters converge in Crawford

+ Thousands flee hurricane threat

+ Top Sunnis Criticize Draft Constitution

+ Fisherman Wins $14M From DuPont

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOVE YOU ALL IN CHRIST,
CHRISTIAN L.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Cursor by nuthinbutnet.net
[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

TALK TO THE AMAZING CHRISTIAN L!!!!!!! Email The Amazing Christian L. IM The Amazing Christian L.
http://www.meebo.com/rooms

FUN SITES AND GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

JOIN THE JL MANN FACEBOOK PAGE!
GO KELLY!!!!!!!
Rest In Peace Justin, Travis, Emily, Taylor, Mac, And Jacob!!!!
Go Wesley and V Factory!!!!!!
Crunk Test


Drawing board by LayoutCodes.net

style="border="0"




/


Tranzliate this Shiznit to Jive!

Click the Spinn'n Rim Beotch!

This is the place where I found diz tranzlata

Add the Tranzizzle-ata' to Your Site!


Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   October 2008   January 2009   July 2009   August 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This is me... Hello, Nice to meet you....Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting You Are Visitor #
Alienware Computers
To Christian L's TOP BLOG
Love Struck Music Video By The Amazing V Factory!!!!

 
Lovesturck V Factory Video Premiere!!!! The Amazing Christian L's Weekly HOOOOOOTTTTTT 20!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones